Taking influence from their successful GP4000 model, the Grand Prix 5000 Tyre from Continental features the best technology Continental has to offer. Featuring a durable, race ready BlackChili compound for exceptional traction and control.
Building on the success of its hugely popular GP4000 model, Continental has incorporated the very best of its technologies to produce its best road bike tyre so far. The GP5000 tyre retains the race proven BlackChili compound to ensure you enjoy outstanding levels of grip and balance. This is thanks to extensive road and laboratory testing, which have resulted in tangible benefits to modern road cyclists.
High-Grip Road Bike Tyre
Equipped with other stunning advances including its impact-absorbing Active Comfort build, a Laser Grip micro profile along the outer edge for improved cornering grip and Vectran Breaker puncture protection, performance, rolling, and reliability is taken to new levels by this unrivalled update.
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Bead Type: Folding
- Compound: BlackChili Rubber Compound
- Casing: 3/330 TPI
- Sidewall: Skin
- Technology: Vectran Breaker, Laser Grip, Active Comfort
- Recommended Pressure: 700x23C: 110-123 psi; 700x25C: 95-123 psi; 700 x28C: 95-116 psi; 700x 32C: 85-102 psi; 650bx25c: 95-123 psi; 650bx28c: 95-116 psi
- Tubeless Compatible: No
- Size/Width: 700 x 23c; 700 x 25c; 700 x 28c; 700 x 32c; 650b x 25c; 65b x 28c
- Weight: 700x23C: 200g 700x25C: 225g; 700 x28C: 240; 700x 32C: 290; 650bx25c: 210g; 650bx28c: 230g
- BlackChili Compound: Continental refines its latest synthetic rubbers with natural rubber with the proven high-performance tread compound. The GP5000 uses these rubbers with special nanometric carbon soot particles, which are optimised in shape and surface properties for best uses for the intended tyre. Tyres with BlackChili Compound reach an unprecedented level of performance. Compared to the previous best Activated Silica Compound, BlackChili tyres have 26% less rolling resistance, a 30% higher friction value (grip) and a 5% increase in mileage.
- Vectran Breaker: Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran is spun from melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk, like Vectran, has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight – exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bike tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
- Active Comfort Technology: The revolutionary approach in cycling. Embedded in the tire construction the Active Comfort Technology absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride.
- Laser Grip: Laser Grip, to make you one with the road. The lasered micro profile structure expands over the tyre’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering.